Canberra Swing Katz is dedicated to making sure Shake That Thing 2022 runs a smooth and safe event. We acknowledge that partnered dancing presents a higher risk of transmitting infectious diseases than many other activities, and that you will all be in close contact wth people from all over Australia. We will do everything we can to minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19 and we need your help!
- We have limited the number of registrations to well below the recommended venue capacity because your safety and comfort is paramount.
- We will have dedicated covid marshalls at all events. Marshalls will ensure there are masks, sanitiser and soap available at all times, and will disinfect surfaces regularly.
- We will provide a limited number of RATs just in case you begin to feel ill during an event.
- We will be complying with all relevant and current government requirements regarding hosting an event of this size, which can be viewed here.
- This is a VACCINATED EVENT. Please see the requirements below.
- If you are a close contact or should be isolating, do not attend.
- We ask that you do a Rapid Antigen Test within the 24-hour period before you first attend Shake That Thing.
- If you are unable to attend due to isolation requirements commencing on or before October 7, you will be issued a full refund.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, do not attend the event (either workshops or socials). If you develop symptoms or become a close contact over the course of the event, we will issue a refund for the portion of the event that you miss.
- You are welcome to wear a mask.
- Maintain good hygiene – wash hands regularly, use sanitiser provided, BYO drink bottle. Be sensible and considerate.
- If you develop any symptoms after the event, we ask that you take a RAT test and reach out to us with any positive results at email@example.com or via Facebook
This is a vaccinated event, with the requirement of proof of vaccination or an official exemption to be shown upon first arrival (or upon later request if needed). You can find information on how to get proof of vaccination here.
This policy is subject to change